Below is a list of examples of the Writing part 1 task separated according to category of grammar, followed by the solutions.
- Rosie plays the guitar better than the rest of her class.
Nobody else in her class plays the guitar as ________ as Rosie does.
- The chocolate cake is more delicious than the strawberry cake.
The strawberry cake is not ___________ as the chocolate cake.
- Mike and Jim are the same height
Jim is ______ as Mike.
- The motorbike is nosier than the car.
The car makes ___________ noise than the motorbike.
- This laptop was cheaper than my old one.
My old laptop was more _______ than this one.
- I don’t know anybody as strong as her.
She is the ________ person I know.
- I have never seen a more powerful plane.
That is the _________ plane I have ever seen.
- He has more money than anybody else in the world
He is the ___________ man in the world
Passives / Actives
- They stole my car
My car __________
- The government passed a new law this morning.
A new law _______________ by the government this morning.
- I had my haircut by the hairdresser yesterday.
The hairdresser _________ yesterday.
- “I will be back home at 7pm” said Sarah.
Sarah said that she _____________ be back home at 7pm.
- She said the show had finished at 9pm
“The show ______________ at 9pm” She said.
- “I was walking to the supermarket and an apple hit me on the head”. Mark complained
Mark said he had _____________________ walking to the supermarket and an apple hit him on the head.
- “That ball in your garden is mine”
“The ball _________ is in your garden is mine”
- I left my purse in the coffee shop!
The coffee shop is _____________ I left my purse.
- The boy is called Alan and he has your pen!
The boy ____________ name is Alan, has your pen.
- You should order the scallops, they are delicious!
If I were you, I ________ order the scallops, they are delicious!
- I have to study on order to pass the exam.
If I study, I _________ pass the exam.
- as delicious
- as tall
- most powerful
- was stolen
- was passed
- cut my hair